Ever lost important files due to a hard drive crash? It’s frustrating, and often heartbreaking. That’s why a dependable backup solution is crucial. Western Digital understands this need and has partnered with Acronis to provide users with a free copy of Acronis True Image.
Acronis True Image for WD, compatible with standard hardware RAID arrays, delivers comprehensive computer image backup and includes a complimentary 5-year license for compatible Western Digital products. With its user-friendly interface, even non-tech-savvy individuals can easily operate it. Additionally, Acronis True Image provides dependable ransomware protection, addressing a rising concern for numerous computer users.
How to Install Acronis True Image for WD
Important Note: Acronis True Image for Western Digital is designed to work specifically with Western Digital hard drives. The software will not install or function correctly if you do not have a compatible Western Digital drive connected to your computer.
How to download and install free Acronis True Image for Western Digital:
- Download Acronis True Image for WD here
- Choose a location to save the downloaded file and click Save.
- Once the download is complete, unzip the download (AcronisTrueImageWD_WIN.zip) and open AcronisTrueImageWD.exe.
- Acronis True Image for Western Digital will then display its installation screen. Click Install.
- Acronis will start the installation and a progress bar will be displayed. When completed, click Next when it appears.
- The installation is now complete. Acronis is ready to be used. Click Start application to begin.
Note: Remember that the software will only backup files and folders physically stored on the local drive. Data hosted remotely in Cloud Services, such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, or OneDrive, will not be backed up. Also, be sure to keep your 5-year license key in a safe location, you may need it for future installations or support requests.
How to Uninstall Acronis True Image
There might be occasions when you need to remove Acronis True Image from your computer, whether for troubleshooting purposes, reinstallation, or because you no longer need it. Follow the instructions below to uninstall it from your computer.
- Set all configured Backup Jobs to Do Not Schedule.
- Click OK to Save the Changes.
- Reboot the computer.
- Stop Acronis True Image and ensure it is not open and running.
- Uninstall Acronis using the information below:
- Windows 11: Click Start > Go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Acronis True Image > Uninstall
- Windows 10: Click Start > Go to Settings > System > Apps > Acronis True Image > Uninstall
- Follow the prompts to proceed with the uninstallation.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
Note: If the product fails to be removed using Windows Add/Remove Programs, the Acronis Cleanup Utility can be used.
Backing up your data is vital to avoid significant data loss. Ever get that sinking feeling when your computer acts up? Now you don’t have to! Acronis True Image for Western Digital provides a reliable backup solution with comprehensive computer image backup compatibility for Standard Hardware RAIDs. It includes a 5-year complimentary license for compatible Western Digital products, ensuring users have continuous access to their backups. Ready to protect your data with Acronis? Start your installation now!